Graysonís Vision and Values Statement.
“Grayson aims to be an efficient, well-organised company manufacturing innovative, quality products that will keep it as market leader. A company that is growing and profitable, also caring for its staff, customers and suppliers whilst respecting the environment”.
Grayson recognises that the success of the company is due to the hard work of all its staff, and the Human Resources department is committed to developing the skills of every employee, an investment both in the future of the business and in the ongoing career development of each individual.
Job Vacancies - Updated May 7th 2013
Commercial Manager - Service Division (£23-25k)
Location: Based from Unit 44 Elmdon Trading Estate, Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham B37 7HE
This new position has been created as part of the strategy to improve the service side of the business substantially through better organisation.
Role & Purpose
Developing a broad understanding of relevant systems, procedures and issues; using this knowledge to retain positive aspects of the current systems, improve bottlenecks, strengthen weak areas and flows of information in and out of the service department to service staff, customers and to other departments by actively coordinating all aspects of administration.
- Implement best practice and maximise efficiency across the team
- All standard administrative duties in a busy service office
- Coordinate the work load, working hours and absences of the team, to ensure the most effective coverage of all service office procedures
- To motivate staff and provide opportunities to develop new skills and capabilities
- To view staffing needs from the perspective of the whole organisation as opposed to single business units and implement appropriate systems and strategies
- Adapt to changing business requirements and develop plans to meet these needs
- To provide such reports and assistance as required by the Service Director and Finance Team
- Deputise for the Workshop Manager
Other Experience & Qualifications
- Background in financial office procedures – with a sound understanding of all aspects of financial accounts.
- Experience of leading a team within a small office and prepared to step in where necessary.
- I.T. Literate - good basic understanding of financial systems, intermediate spreadsheet knowledge, able to create a presentable business document.
- Proven track record in customer service or retail sales environment essential
APPLY IN WRITING OR BY E-MAIL
Graduate Sales/Business Development Manager -Trainee (£18-23k)
Location: Based from Wharfdale House, 257 Wharfdale Road, Tyseley, Birmingham B112DP - Domestic and foreign travel required
An exciting career opportunity to work towards a key senior role within the organisation, through driving and achieving sales, taking ownership of existing clients and developing new business.
Role and Purpose
- To gain a detailed understanding of company products, operational processes and the corporate environment in which the business operates.
- In the future, to be viewed by key customers and other managers as a highly capable, flexible, credible manager.
- To be perceived in the market place as representing a company offering products that can be relied upon to deliver service, quality, technical safety and innovation.
- To seek out opportunities and solutions to improve sales and profitability.
- To work with the internal and external sales, engineering, quality, purchasing and marketing teams to bring the product to market through correct channels.
- Researching new and existing markets
- Telephone contact with new and existing customers to establish and grow relationships
- Attending exhibitions
- Monthly reporting – to ascertain wins, losses and potential sales
- Working with depots across the UK
- Liaising with the internal team
- Creating proposals and quotations
- Ensuring the smooth transition from enquiry to delivery
Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate calibre from either an engineering or business discipline.
- Some background in sales is advantageous plus passion and enthusiasm for successful selling
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- Full clean UK driving license
APPLY IN WRITING OR BY E-MAIL
Commercial Vehicle Sales Manager (Aftermarket)
This is a new role due to expansion of product range. A key senior role within the organisation and critical to future success, through driving and achieving sales of the commercial vehicle aftermarket parts, and taking ownership of major clients.
- Detailed understanding of company products, processes and the corporate environment in which the business operates.
- Knowledge, understanding and interest in the UK and European commercial vehicle market.
- Perceived in the market place as representing a company offering service, quality, technical safety and innovation.
- Seek out opportunities and solutions to improve sales and profitability.
- Continually develop the range of Commercial Vehicle components, working with engineering, quality, purchasing and marketing to bring the product to the market place through the correct channels.
- An experienced sales manager who understands the fundamentals of business.
- Capable of establishing solid, professional relationships.
- Experience working in sales.
- Understands the background culture in the aftermarket.
- Understands basic engineering principles.
- It would be advantageous to be educated to HND level or equivalent with a good understanding of engineering. Knowledge of thermal dynamics or related heat transfer topics useful, although full training will be provided.
APPLY IN WRITING OR BY E-MAIL PLEASE